After months of hearings, discussions, etc. Rohit Chopra was sworn in as Director of the CFPB on October 12, 2021. His opening statement outlines his commitment for the CFPB to watch out for families, workers, and communities.
Last week I monitored a well-known DC firm’s webinar on ‘What to Expect Next’ from the new CFPB Director. Here are some of their thoughts…
- Rulemaking through Enforcement,
- Regulation by Enforcement,
- Bending to consumer group pressures,
- Larger corporate targets = large dollars, but
- Smaller industries will not fly under the radar.