Trade Show Marketing Tips
Before the Show:
- Complete the Pawn Expo Exhibitor Checklist to ensure you are prepared for the show.
- Review the Exhibitor Services Manual from TexasXPO to arrange shipments and order booth related items. It contains information to help keep you stress free at the show. Items must reach TexasXPO warehouse no later than July 2, 2021.
- Do not forget to order electricity if needed using the form in the Exhibitor Services Manual. electricity request form.
- Prepare 3-6 engaging questions to ask customers.
- Determine your main message. Make it a single, memorable statement.
- Set measurable goals for the show.
- Pack a supply box with things like scissors, tape, paper clips, business cards, and other supplies.
- Visit your booth like an attendee would and note your impression/experience.
- Download the show app on your mobile device to use for Lead Retrieval.
During the Show:
- Establish a dress code for your staff – avoid things like shorts and flip flops. If they look professional, they will act it, and better represent your company.
- Have open body language. People can read attitude and closed body language.
- Stand in your booth, do not sit.
- Always greet people with a genuine smile and show enthusiasm for your product/service.
- Keep your booth neat and clean. Store excess materials under the draped table or behind the curtain.
- Set up your booth so people can enter it. Do not just sit behind the table.
- Have a prize drawing or contest to get people to your booth. This gives you an opportunity to gather names for your database.
- Give away a promotional item that they can use at the show such as luggage tags, hand sanitizer, customized notepads, or other items.
- Do not chew gum or eat at your booth. Breath mints are always a good idea.
- Remember to ask questions instead of just giving a sales pitch.
- Try the 80/20 rule – 80% listening, 20% talking. Those who listen more tend to have greater success.
- Staff your booth always.
- Appeal to people’s 5 senses: sight, touch, smell, sound, and taste.
- Host a demonstration of your product/service in your booth.
- Use the mobile app to scan attendee’s QR codes and make notes in the app to qualify the leads or make notes on business cards to remember them better and be able to give more personalized follow up.
- Do not close early.
After the Show:
- Follow up in a timely manner with personalized correspondence.
- Prioritize your follow up by category – hot leads, strong prospects, possible customers.
- Thank attendees during your follow up correspondence.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dates for Pawn Expo 2021?
July 10-13, 2021.
Where is Pawn Expo 2021?
Pawn Expo 2021 will be held at The Omni Hotel Fort Worth, Fort Worth TX
When is setup and breakdown?
Setup Hours: Sunday, July 11 – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Breakdown Hours: Tuesday, July 13 – 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Early breakdown is not permitted. Penalties, up to loss of booth for future year(s), will be applied to any exhibitor who breaks down early.
Exhibitors are not permitted to be in the exhibit hall outside of the setup and breakdown hours, other than when the trade show is open. This will be strictly enforced for security purposes.
What if I need additional time to setup or breakdown?
If you require setup or breakdown time outside of the posted hours, you must make arrangements in advance with Show Management.
What are the trade show hours?
Sunday July 11 – Marketplace – 8am-4pm
Monday July 12 – Trade Show – 9am-5pm
Tuesday July 13 – Trade Show — 9am-1pm
Don’t forget that your booth must be staffed at all times and early breakdown is not permitted. Any exhibitor that breaks down and/or leaves early will be penalized.
What sponsorship opportunities are available?
Only exhibitors are allowed to take advantage of the exclusive sponsorship opportunities for Pawn Expo. Please visit the sponsor page at PawnExpo.com for current opportunities. Or contact Jody Kudless 732-252-9740.
What are the insurance requirements for exhibitors?
All property of the exhibitor is understood to remain under its custody and control in transit, to and from, or within the confines of the Exhibit area. NPA and the exposition facility do not maintain insurance covering the exhibitors’ property. Exhibitor shall carry Commercial General Liability in the amount of $1,000,000 combined single limit. The policy shall name the National Pawnbrokers Association (NPA) as additional insured and such
coverage shall be primary as respects to any insurance coverage carried by NPA or Exhibit Facility. Certificates of Insurance must be sent to NPA no later than June 23,2021.
How do I obtain the required insurance coverage?
If you already carry commercial general liability coverage, you can request a certificate from your insurance provider with the above specifications. If you do not carry commercial general liability coverage and need to purchase it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I obtain an attendee list?
A pre-show and post-show attendee list containing mailing addresses (no email addresses or phone numbers) will be provided to exhibitors via email. The pre-show list will be sent the week of June 10, 2021, and the post-show list will be sent following Pawn Expo.
Will there be security at the show? Will there be a secure room?
NPA will provide general security services at all times during the trade show and throughout the night. An overnight secure room will be available to exhibitors for items such as jewelry if you wish to use it. The room will be available Sunday July 11 at close of Marketplace. If you do not have your own safe or locked container, see exhibit manual to rent a safe. If you are arriving early, safes are available behind hotel front desk free of charge, first come first serve, as well as brief case sized safes in your hotel room. If you require special security services for your booth, please contact Veronica Costanza at email@example.com.
Do I need to register myself and/or staff to gain access to the show floor?
Yes, you must register each member of your staff who will be on the show floor prior to the show by July 1, 2021. For each 8’ x 10’ booth, two complimentary full convention registrations will be issued. These are to be used by eligible booth personnel only. No children under 16 are permitted. Click here to register.
What if I have more staff coming? Can they register, and how much does it cost?
All staff must be registered prior to the show. Exhibitors may register additional staff for the trade show only at a rate of $150 per additional staff member. If they wish to attend the Welcome Reception, individual tickets may be purchased. To register additional booth staff, go to registration page.
What is the difference between the full convention registration and trade show only registration for my staff?
Any of your staff that use the full convention registrations have access to all convention events (education sessions, networking events, trade show), unless otherwise noted as “Pawnbroker Only” events. If you are not an NPA Industry Partner member, you do not have access to any “Member Only” events.
Any of your staff that is registered as trade show only have access to only the trade show and no other events.
Can my staff attend the education sessions and networking events?
Any of your staff that are full convention registrants may attend all convention events, unless otherwise noted as “Pawnbroker Only” events. If you are not an NPA Industry Partner member, you do not have access to any “Member Only” events.
Staff that is registered as trade show only may purchase individual tickets to the Welcome and Closing Receptions if they wish to attend. These are the only two events they may purchase individual tickets for.
How much do hotel rooms cost, and how do I make my room reservation?
NPA Room Rate – $199.00 per night per night. The rate is available until June 11 but may sell out earlier. Reservations may be made online or by calling in. Click here to book your room at the NPA rate.
Where do I find information about material handling, electricity, and other items for my booth?
Please refer to the Exhibitor Services Manual for this information. It was emailed directly from TexasXPO. For an online version log in at Texas Exposition Services: https://Texasexpo.boomerecommerce.com. If you need any assistance, please contact Texas Exposition Services at 281.800.1600 or e-mail Orders@TexasXpo.com.
May I offer food and beverage in my booth?
Yes, you may offer food and beverage in your booth. All items MUST be purchased through the hotel. Please refer to the Exhibitor Services Manual or contact us at PawnExpo@NationalPawnbrokers.org for more information.
Are meals provided for my staff during trade show hours on Monday and Tuesday?
There will be a trade show reception on Monday on the floor from 4-5pm. There will be a trade show lunch on both Monday and Tuesday. Exhibitors may participate in these events as long as their booths are staffed.
Also, please remember to stay for the Vendor Appreciation Reception on Tuesday from 5-6:30pm.
What is included with my booth?
Each 8’ x 10’ booth comes with an 8’ high back drape and 36 inch side dividers. Also provided: one (1) 6 foot draped table, two (2) chairs and one (1) waste paper basket per 8’ x 10’ space.