Membership Has Benefits. Join Today!
- Continued protections as the NPA Government Relations Team battles legislators over rate-cap increases and other legislative issues that could harm your business.
- You are instantly alerted to any federal or state legislation that will affect your business, so you can take action.
- A seat at the table of a Pawnbroker Peer Group, a small, trusted circle of NPA members where you can share challenges, solve problems and get advice.
- Consumer-facing profile for your pawn store on Pawnfinders.com. When consumers are searching for pawn shops in your area, your store will be a first option.
- Association Healthcare Options, so you can offer your employees insurance at the NPA rate.
- Network, ask questions and solve problems, for and with, your fellow members by using the NPA members-only confidential digital forums. Member discounts for the annual Pawn Expo event, so you can meet other pawnbrokers, attend educational events, shop for vendors, and have fun!
- Keep up with news, trends, and the pawn network through the quarterly National Pawnbroker Magazine and weekly This Week in Pawn email newsletter. Exclusive member discounts/incentives from NPA Industry Partners, who sell the equipment, software, and services that you need to run your successful pawn business.
What members are saying…
NPA Guided By Serious and Committed Pawnbrokers
We started our business more than 25 years ago. At that time, I decided to attend the NPA National Convention that was being held in San Francisco. I was a complete newbie in the word of pawnbroking. Without exception, whenever I told people that I was new in the business, they readily shared their best practices and gave me wonderful ...
NPA Is The Best Decision We Ever Made
I was first introduced to the NPA at the ripe age of 25 in 1992 by Charles R. Jones (namesake for the NPA Lifetime Award). At the time our company, USA Pawn was just getting started but we had just opened our second location. I attended my first convention and was asked by Charles to consider serving on what they ...
Just Join The NPA
No Decision Here! Just Join! Our first store opened in 1991. We either joined that year or the next year. Needless to say, we’ve been a happy member of the NPA for almost 30 years! The forum communication is priceless and in itself justifies the expense for our four stores dues. (Big Brothers Pawn of Northwest Arkansas) We especially enjoy ...
Voted Best Pawn Shop Thanks To NPA
Compared to most in the pawn industry, Capital Pawn based in Oregon, is a new player. Without the direction and education sessions of the NPA, and without the help of pawnbrokers met at NPA events, Capital Pawn would not be the success it is today. The National Pawnbroker’s Association has been an integral part of their achievements which include being voted ...
Advocacy, Product Knowledge, and Strong Relationships
I’ve been in the Pawn Business for 25 years, the first 19 were at one of the big corporations. When I moved into the independent world, I was hesitant to belong and be a part of the NPA. At the urging of one of my partners I went to a meeting in Grapevine and knew instantly I needed to be ...
NPA Membership is Business Insurance
There is no way that the pawn industry would be where we’re at today without a constant presence in Washington DC. The only thing providing the industry with that is the NPA. Not being a member is like not having insurance for your business. Kelly J Swisher Arlington Jewelry and Loan, Inc President – Illinois Pawnbrokers Association Arlington Heights, IL
Thriving in the Pawn Industry
Joining NPA has moved me from just “surviving” to actually “thriving.” I’m glad to be involved in an organization where “members helping members” is an important part of the experience. I am also proud to support NPA’s efforts in Washington D.C. which protect all of our rights as pawnbrokers. Lisa Little Fieldstone Jewelry & Pawn, Inc. Conyers, GA
An Invaluable Membership
“When we opened, we didn’t join the NPA for a few years. Looking back, it was one of the biggest mistakes we have made in business. The information shared freely by fellow Pawnbrokers has been and continues to be invaluable. The knowledge gained at the Pawn Expos in the classes/roundtables have been well worth the trip to attend. Not to ...