[col span=”5″ span__sm=”12″]
[ux_image id=”12889″ image_size=”medium”]
[col span=”7″ span__sm=”12″]
GIA Graduate Gemologist/Fine Jewelry Specialist
Uncle Dan’s Pawn & Jewelry, Dallas, TX
Years in the pawn industry: I grew up in my family’s pawn business and spent several summers working in the shops. I officially started working for Uncle Dan’s full time in 2017.
Best advice I ever received: “Always shoot for the moon because even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” I strive to always do my best and put my best foot forward.
My favorite part of being a pawnbroker: Interacting with our customers and hearing their stories. I received the most thoughtful message from a client on Christmas Day who was thanking me for helping him out with a high-dollar loan on jewelry for his medical bills. That part of the business is the most rewarding.
My media mix includes:
- Musical artists –Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rufus du Sol, Daft Punk, Drake, and Ellie Goulding are just a few of my favorite artists!
- Social media – Instagram @bygemgirl. I’m also a Pinterest fanatic!
- TV shows – I don’t spend a lot of time watching TV, but my favorite TV shows include Gossip Girl, Stranger Things, Big Little Lies, and Imposters.
My role model is: my mom. She’s literally Superwoman in human form. She’s the hardest worker I’ve ever seen and extremely brilliant. She is always so encouraging, uplifting, and positive.
My top three goals for 2020 are:
- Build and promote my jewelry brand, By Gem Girl
- Design and create more custom jewelry for clients
- Grow my Instagram account @bygemgirl and upload engaging photos weekly
My favorite movie is: Legally Blonde. Elle Woods is a rock star and embodies women empowerment.
NPA members would be surprised to know that I: have Native American heritage and am a proud member of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma.
When I’m not at work, I am: traveling and exploring the world. I love learning about diverse cultures and trying different gastronomy.
If I wasn’t a pawnbroker, I would be a: jewelry designer. My brother, a CAD jewelry designer, and I have teamed up to design and make custom engagement rings for friends and clients.