Years in the Pawn Industry
My Greatest Career Accomplishment
I started in the business as a pawnbroker and have grown from there. I believe it gives me perspective and respect for the day-to-day operations of the business.
The Best Advice I’ve Ever Received
- “Don’t wait for your embossed invitation; just go for it.”
- “Don’t do the same thing and expect a different result.”
My Media Mix
- Musical Artists: Nirvana, Otis Redding
- Social Media Platform: Facebook
My Role Models
- My dad, Charles Whitaker, who taught me that hard work and determination will take you a long way.
- Larry Nuckols, who taught me that luck is not really luck, but rather the meeting of determination, preparation, and opportunity.
- Chris Upton, who taught me never to do the same dull task twice, but rather to automate everything I can!
People May Be Surprised to Know That…
I was really shy once upon a time!
My Advice to the New Pawnbroker
Never get comfortable or complacent. We can always be improving! Start every day with a plan.